The Yalp Sona Interactive dance and play arch challenges players with a range of innovative and engaging games and is an outstanding addition to any smart playground. Not only does it look super cool and modern, but the Sona is also durable and easy to maintain. It works intuitively: if you walk under the bow, it will immediately ask you if you want to play a game! The Sona is designed to be inclusive making playing outside available for everyone.
- Inclusive – Transcends age, physical and emotional barriers
- Fun – New games are continuously being developed
- Online – Easy to monitor play statistics
- Easy – Works intuitively; walk under the arch, and it will immediately ask you to play a game
- Durable – Resistant to vandalism
- Quality – Made of thick galvanized steel and covered with stainless steel
- 100% Dutch design – an eye-catching design with a small footprint. Invented, constructed, and assembled in the Netherlands
Fun for the whole family
The Yalp Sona includes various exciting and supportive games, such as a dance competition, a game where children have to keep a sequence of numbers, or a lightning-fast racetrack. The game begins, and the children can start right away. With each game, the levels build up in difficulty keeping the games exciting, and children make up their own rules, the game remains challenging at all times. We also regularly develop new games that adapt to the changing world of children.
The Yalp Sona interactive dance and play arch is developed for permanent outdoor use. The bow contains a motion sensor that reacts accurately to the children’s movements on the dance floor. All electronics are safely housed in the steel frame of the Sona. The 4m x 4m play floor is freely accessible (even with a wheelchair), and several children can play on it at the same time. The Sona is fun for the whole family: we regularly see parents and grandparents playing with their children and grandchildren.
This is very cutting edge. Children are able to play several games, and the smart can determine who wins. It's all designed to keep kids moving and having fun.
Inclusive Smart Playground Equipment
What makes for good Yalp Interactive play equipment? In the design process of all our play innovations, we asked ourselves these questions. When are we happy? What is typically Yalp? And what makes our products so unique?
We came up with five core principles that we feel are most important when designing new playground devices.
The Sona has been designed to be fully inclusive through flexibility. Not every game will fulfill every user’s needs, but we offer many games with different experiences for different player preferences and playstyles. With the flexibility of changing and tweaking games through our My Yalp platform, the games and content can be adjusted to match the users using the product at that time and is a big facilitator for play.
Find out more about the Sona and Inclusive Play.
- Movement Detection Detects the movement of any player. Tall or small, standing or sitting
- Bright Colors The arch and floor include fun sensor elements.
- Ear-Level Speakers The audio is directly aimed at the players. 2x Outdoor class JBL stereo speakers
- Accessible button Button on the player’s height.
- Flat Surface Easy access to all. One continuous surface in order for mobility. No need for ramps.
- Shape & track Easy recognizable shape and form. Children recognize how it should be utilized. A circuit-style structure encourages children to navigate the playground and maintain continuous activity.
- Circular Setup Creates a safe and recognizable play space. It promotes social engagement.
- Adjustability Change the game with a press of a button or visit My Yalp.
*Please check the Yalp product warranty for all details, limitations, and exclusions
Multiple games are available divided into 5 different categories
Brains Practice with colors, numbers, shapes & audio. Train your memory, solve problems and stimulate your mind.
Fitness Move, exercise, and improve your motor skills, stamina, and physical condition.
Imagination Be creative, involve your imagination and role-play. Unstructured play, with no rules, goals, or results.
Music Enjoy & dance to music. Learn rhythm, dance together, and experience new music styles
Reaction Practice your reflexes. Focus, multi-task and increase your physical & mental reaction speed and time.
Find numerous Sona games available on my.yalp.com
Ideal places for the Yalp Sona Interactive dance and play arch
The Sona has a small footprint and can be easily installed in any location. Take a look at some great examples.
Public Parks | Wallaroo Houston, the United States of America
Schoolyards | Esdoornschool, Belgium
Shopping malls | Itis Shopping Mall, Finland
Resorts | Camping de Pampel, The Netherlands
Indoors | Adventure Kingdom Activity Park, Russia
Healthcare facilities | "Olivia's Playground" Salina Regional Health Center, the United States of America
Did you know?
The Sona is designed for outdoor use
Do your outdoor devices break down due to vandalism? Can they be well maintained? Are they able to withstand heavy use? Electronics, in a piece of play equipment, does that work well? These are the questions that regularly reach us about our interactive play and sports equipment. But there is no need to be concerned – our products are rigorously tested.
Read all about the quality Yalp Interactive delivers for its playground equipment.
- The cover consists of glass fiber reinforced polyester with additional reinforcements against, e.g., hammer blows.
- The construction of the Sona is made of thick steel and covered with stainless steel (visible parts)
- The metal is protected with a powder-coat. This makes it resistant to weather influences.
- It is impossible to climb into the Sona, and it is free of loose parts and barriers.
- The Sona is free of sharp edges or entrapment holes.
Experience a Yalp Sona Interactive dance and play arch in your playground, neighborhood, shopping center, or even your backyard, using our Augmented Reality feature. The sky is the limit!
Augmented Reality is an interactive experience where you can place your favorite interactive playground equipment anywhere in the real world with your phone, using the 3D models in our AR app.
Fun fact: The Sona is the first interactive playset (the first one was placed in March 2007). The shape of the Sona was inspired by the Lord of the Rings’ gate: a magical gate you want to walk through. It weighs as heavy as 6 grown men.
The Sona has numerous individual settings. Via My Yalp and your login, you can adjust the volume and the on/off times of the device. You can also select new games regularly.
Like the Playstation Store and the Apple App Store, the Yalp Store allows you to add/display games and music packages to your interactive sports or play equipment. New content is regularly added in different languages. With over 100 games and over 20 languages available, we have a massive library of games and options for you to choose from.
Yalp+ is a free web app and an add-on that connects players to our interactive sport and play equipment all around the world. It offers even more fun and functionality in a user-friendly and straightforward way. For example, users can participate in local and global competitions every week and automatically find game information without creating an account or registering!
Customize your Yalp Sona
Create your own unique custom Sona by integrating your brand into the design. Both the exterior and the content can be customized to your wishes. We can create new games that are tailored to your preferences, giving your visitors a completely new sporting experience.
The Yalp design team can help you create and visualize a playground or sports area that suits your requirements, without any obligations or costs.